Thursday, May 12, 2005

Last class EVER

[Current Music: Audioslave - Be Yourself]
[Current Mood: Stuffed - Aladdin's is AMAZING]
[Current Activity: Preppin for thursday party]

So last night I got a lil intoxicated. I've been lushin it up pretty hardcore lately, and that doesn't seem like its stopping, especially for this weekend. I ended up getting up, still rather intoxicated, so I went to my last class as an undergraduate ever still drunk from the night before. Apparently, I was visibly drunk, and people told me I still wreaked of alcohol. Oh well, what a way to end college :) It's really kinda sad though, it's like just hitting me now that I'll never go to class again (well, except for my MBA but those don't count). If you think about it, you've been taking classes all your life, from the age of 3-4. All of a sudden, now, we just pick up and go off into the real world. I was talking to Diane about the future and I mentioned that uncertainty scared me. She said that's what's great about the future, but it still kinda scares me. I'm a pretty big control freak. I hate surprises and I always like to know whats coming up. Raleigh's gonna be crazy cause I don't a soul down there, but people keep tellin me I'll make plenty of friends in no time. I remember when I first came to college, I wasn't nervous at all. You're pretty much like thrown into a building with 100 people that are in the exact same position as you. It's like you're forced to socialize and make friends, especially cause all of your friends are living right next to you, but living in an apt. complex is completely differnt. I dunno, I'll just chalk this one up to adventure. I really am looking forward to it, I haven't heard a single bad thing about Raleigh and from what I hear, the southern hospitality is nice ;)

It saddens me though, that I've really only opened up this past quarter. I shut myself off from the world for a year and a half, and I found that I really changed as a person. I used to be the funloving party guy and I kind of became an uptight asshole. Fortunately, old habits die hard. I've made lots of new friends, and I've made better friends of my old ones. I'll miss the hell out of everyone here, I really wish RIT could become Raleigh Institute of Technology.

Another realization I came to was last night during pass the gavel at chapter meeting. Alumni are always coming up to visit, but living the college/fraternity life can be parelled by nothing. It's like the greatest life, you've always got an awesome group of friends that will always be there whenever you need them. I was looking around the room and its nuts how every one of those guys is so different, and they add so much. Each has made an impact.

Anyways, people are here to celebrate Thursday, g'nite :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home