Sunday, May 08, 2005

Spring Weekend

[Current Music: Heather Headley]
[Current Mood: TIRED]
[Current Activity: reading Rin's blog, finishing up this godforsaken paper]

So this past weekend was our Last Blast, Spring Weekend, whatever you want to call it. It consists of lots of partying. It's a nice tradition because many of the Alumni come up and party with us, remind themselves of their college days. It also gives us a chance to end the year off with a bang. On friday, we generally throw a smallish party where we all just chill, get some kegs, typical "frat boy" things. This past friday was, indeed, no exception. I was feeling in a mellow mood, so I decided to grab a stogie that I got for christmas. It was a Jose Gener Hoyo de Monterrey. I must admit, it was really smooth, nice drag, nice color, nice taste, and exceptional finish (like I know what the hell I'm talking about). It was flavorful, with some spice, but it didn't have the bite. Definately mellow, definately what I was in the mood for. Gump shared some of his Patron tequila with me. For those of you who have had Patron, you know what I'm talking about. For those of you that haven't, if you have the means, TRY IT! It's amazing, even if you're not a tequila fan. Smoothest tequila I ever had, we just sipped on it -- on the rocks. I spent most of the beginning of my night out on the picnic table watching the night happen. Not much really happened, so after I was done with the cigar, I went inside and chilled with everyone. Eventually, a rather intoxed Rinny and Diane showed up after their runaway and we all chilled upstairs mostly. Rinny passed out in Sedlack's bed with pete's aviators on (there's a nice pic of it on the pictures website). I think the funniest moment of the evening was when Diane, Kat and I were chillin alone in Sedlack and Matt's room. We're hanging out on the bed, Kat's not feeling so well, and all of a sudden, Sedlack walks in. We all look at him and let out a sly smile, and he slowly backs away as if he had walked into a Boston pub wearing a Yankee's jersey. Moments later, Kat grabs a large cup and starts lettin out all the alcohol she consumed earlier. I was going to dump the cup out, but I was instructed to leave it, in Kat's words: "It'll be an interesting present for someone to find". Sorry Sedlack :P. Anyways, chilled for a bit longer, then went home and went to bed, I was rather sleepy, and I had a long day ahead.

The next day started off with grumbling -- didn't want to get out of bed at all. Eventually I made it out, went over to 165 and hopped onto the bus for some drunken park action.

Saturdays during spring weekend consist of all of us going out to a park, kegs in hand, and pretty much getting blasted. We got there, however the kegs hadn't made their way yet. Everyone seemed to be getting antsy, and unfortunately, JD, the guy running it all, started to take much of the blame. It wasn't his fault really, perhaps some better planning, but he did the best he could. On a better note, this year's favors were AMAZING, props JD. Usually, we get a T-Shirt and a crappy plastic cup. This year, JD decided to scrap the t-shirt and get everyone Nalgene bottles. These things are totally sweet, so I was pumped. The kegs finally arrived and everyone settled down for a bit. The rest of the day was typical, lots of beer, volleyball, etc. We crowned 2 new little sisters, Mittens (dubbed Helmet), and Amy (dubbed Cocktease). It was a great time all in all, but of course the day wasn't over yet. Some people left early to go to the DPhiE formal. I heard that was a great time and I know I should have been there, but it would have been uncomfortable for certain people (myself included), and I just didn't want to deal with it. Besides, I was all about having fun at the afterparty. So we get back to 165 and continue on drinking. Apparently, Larissa knew someone that lived in colony who's neighbors had live chickens in there apartment. We go over there in an attempt to try to steal some of them (how funny would it be if I walked into 165 holding a live chicken?). Anyways, we're about to break into this place, and I realize someone's home, and that I know him. So instead, we ask about the chickens, and apparently they had found a new home. So we roll over to the other apartment and I'm about to break in, but there's someone there too, and, yup, I knew him too. So we conversed, he had no idea what I was talking about (the chickens), so we chalked it up to a loss. I came home to this quote:

Hesky: "Dude, I just saw frenchie's cock"
Me: "yikes man, how?"
Hesky: "He was peeing behind 165, facing 165. It's actually pretty big considerring his proportions and all"

Wonderful. Frenchie's new nickname: Tripod.

The next couple of hours are a blur, but I do remember going to Olive Garden.

We roll into OG, 14 deep and ask for a table. They said it would be like 60 minutes, so Ogre demands all of us 21+'s wait at the bar. We go over there, and he points to everyone and says "beer" and hands the bartender his credit card. She gets us all beers of our choices and as she's coming back, Ogre says "They said we need to wait for 60 minutes and they're going to regret every minute of it". After being "those guys" for like 20 minutes, they had our table ready (I guess if they ever quote you a long wait, start being "those guys"). We sit down and make asses of ourselves at the table of course, with such things as Ogre yelling across the table:

"Samir, you're not a whore, you're a slut. Whore's charge money!"

Thanks Ogre, that was wonderful. After, the car ride was interesting. The car was really really packed, so I had to sit on Ogre's lap. Note self, never EVER sit on a large drunken man's lap. There's nothing like being cradled in the arms of a large drunken man like a baby. Oh, and the dry humping, definately appreciated that. But anyways, that'll get blocked from my memory, or, require lots of therapy, either way, shit happens. The rest of the night was a blur, I just got progressively more intoxed. I do remember pammy and Tina coming over. They left their formal early to come chill, and that was AWESOME. Pam was upset about some stuff so I spent most of the time with her trying to make her feel a lil bit better. We dropped them home, picked up a rather intoxicated Diane from the alpha xi house, and then partied. I started drinking water, but somehow, got even more drunk, which I don't understand, but oh well. Somehow made it home, thanks Bill. Bill and I had exchanged some harsh words earlier about some risk management issues, but we ended up apologizing to each other so in the end, it was all good of course.

The next morning was rough, so much pain. Definately felt like I had gotten assaulted. Rolled over and got champagne breakfast which was AMAZING. Thank you so much Rin and Kat for cooking. Extra thanks to Rin, she worked her ass off for it, and we all really do appreciate it.

The rest of today involved grumbling, groaning, wondering how I got all these bruises, etc. I'm sure Larissa and Anna found out some interesting things about me during the lineup :P

All in all, amazing weekend, one of the best spring weekends ever, glad it happened and glad to be going out with such a blast. :)




The brotherhood lines up and the stories come out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home