Monday, May 16, 2005

Last real weekend of college

[Current Music: Audioslave - Like a Stone]
[Current Mood: A bit jaded =o\]
[Current Activity: Looking at pictures]

So this past weekend was the final real weekend of college, which makes me rather sad. I've been thinking about this quote and it's been truer and truer:

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times"

I'm excited to be moving on, but anxious as well. I'm not exactly sure what living down south is going to hold for me. I used to consider myself a total city guy. Now I realize that I actually liked Rochester because it was a smaller, more personal town. Everyone says the south is nice, supposedly everyone is super nice down there, and of course the southern hospitality is equal to none.

Regardless, we all decided to go out with a bang. The weekend was fun for the most part. It started off with the last Thursday party, which was definately a great time. Friday night was senior night, which had its ups and its downs. It was cool to be completely and utterly smashed in the SAU though. Afterwards, however, I came home and was really tired. All I really wanted to do was chill and watch a movie or soemthing. However, the guys had other plans. Ryan and Ira decided to kidnap me, and I ended up going to 165 and just kind of sitting there drinking water. I ended up walking home from 165 with Diane and her friend Joanna, which was sobering and actually enjoyable. So that was kind of a highlight. Joanna's really chill, it's sad that I'll probably never see her again in my life. It sucks that only recently, I've met so many new people that I wish I could know forever, but I'm sure I'll completely lose touch with. Such is life I guess?

Saturday involved lots of preperations, and then the big event. For some reason, I was annoyed/saddened all day, but it was indeed my day. The graduation party was alot of fun, and thank you everyone for coming out. The seniors decided to all wear pink (it was a bitch to get Prateek to do that). Larissa and Anna decided to show up wearing pink too, ruining everything :P J/King. Seriously though, thanks for everyone that was there, I don't remember the toast I made, but I'm sure it was meaningful.

Sunday was your typical recovery sunday, spent some times in the lab for this stupid Applied Econ project. Sunday night was really good though, I watched "Hitch" and just relaxed. Afterwards, I enjoyed some nice green tea with a friend because we were both coughing up lungs.

Ask me about my obsession with green tea sometime. The stuff is magic and works miracles.

Sunday night was exactly what I needed though, just a relaxing night. My body was definately looking forward to not drinking and "Hitch", although ending on somewhat of a chick-flick note, was actually a fun movie overall. If I was only half as smooth as Will Smith, there'd be trouble ;)

Anyways, graduation is coming up WAAAAY too fast, and the thought of graduating is scary enough, let alone all the shit I have to get done before it. This week is gonna be rough.


Quote of the moment:
"Even when you've paid enough
Been put upon or been held up
Every single memory of the good or bad, faces of love
Don't lose any sleep tonight, I'm sure everything will end up alright
You may win or lose
But to be yourself is all that you can do"
-Audioslave, "Be yourself"


Leave me some love in the form of comments, ims, whatever.... its appreciated :)


The three pink men

5 Comments:

At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

MAYBE if someone had INFORMED us, that ONLY seniors were supposed to wear pink, WE wouldn't have sported the pink... OR MAYBE it was that the two of us hoped that maybe we could someday compare in coolness w/ the three graduating seniors.... unfortunately for your sake, it's def the first one that's the reason.. oh well.. you win some, and you lose some!
We <3 you Samir and we'll miss you a lot!!!

 
At 4:11 PM, Blogger Samir said...

hahahaha, its ALLL good. Thanks for the love guys, you will be missed terribly. I really hope your futures bring you down my way sometime, I'd love to play host for you down in raleigh.

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

get me a co op and I'll def be down to visit ;-) hehe!!

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger rin said...

I'd been wondering about the pink...

Anyhow, thanks for the tea the other night. It kicked ass and I did feel better after I drank it.
My coworkers were jealous. :)

You need to not graduate, how's that intentionally failing thing going?

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Samir said...

Lol, unfortuantely a bit too well... I'm seriously in danger of failing Applied Econ. And i'm glad you enjoyed the tea, it's the least I can do :) Good luck with the interview babe! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home