Monday, May 23, 2005

Gradumatated :O

[Current Music: Mozart - Pachelbel's Canon in D Minor]
[Current Mood: Anxious/Excited]
[Current Activity: Sitting in a hotel room typing/conversing with my mother]

So that’s it… I graduated. Everything I’ve done in my life really up until now has been for the moment I walk across that stage. And what a moment, I’ve got video to prove it. Yes, I’m that asshole that walked up on stage with a video camera in my hand, receiving my diploma in the other. Regardless, there was much fanfare, THANK YOU ALL FOR COMING OUT, whoever came. I really appreciate it, from what I heard, I had the loudest cheering section, kudos to Christina for the airhorn. My parents were waiting for me on the other side of the stage, I wish you all could have seen there faces. I hope I’ve got video of it…. I’ve never seen smiles so large. Later that night, I made it out to 17, where Matt handed me a bottle of Champagne to celebrate. I definitely drank in my cap and gown, as per the request of everyone. It was nice to see everyone out and chillin, it’s the nights where we just hung out that I’ll miss the most.

With graduating, however, came the realization that I’m done with college. For 5 years, I’ve been in Rochester learning, living, loving. It’s been the best 5 years of my life, hands down. I can’t even begin to express how much I’ve enjoyed college. I really feel as if I got the real college experience and really made the most of it. Thank you everyone for everything throughout the years. I’ve met so many people, and I guarantee that non of them will be forgotten. I can especially say that about my fellow Tekes and Deephers. Without you guys, I would have just been another CS major. I won’t forget a single one of you. Along with them, there have been many more that have left permanent imprints on my life.

Enough sappyness… the following day was filled with more graduations. I attended 3 in total, Prateek’s in the morning (Prateek, I was there, ringing the cowbells which I’m sure you heard, thank you to the Alpha Xi girls for loaning them to me), Pete’s at noon, which was really freaking long, and Allie and Kimmy’s in the afternoon. It was cool to meet the infamous Dick “Godfather” Scott (Pete’s dad) and his brother, who, I must admit, handled his first experience with Beast and a plate rather well. It was also really really nice to see Allie’s family, I do miss them quite a bit. They were so accepting of me, and treated me as a part of the family, even when they didn’t have to. So if any of you are reading, thank you kindly, I feel like I’ve got family in Reading…. and Chicago. Later that night, I went around and said my goodbyes, and then went to MacGregor’s. The original plan was to go downtown, but we decided to change it. Mostly everyone was indifferent about going downtown, except me, who wanted to stay nearby because I had to get up at like 6 in the morning and move. So we all went out to MacG’s which was fun. Sort of a last night out type of thing. Pete, Mullen and Hesky had been drinking for quite a while prior to that, so that made things rather interesting.

I could write a book about my college experiences (and someday I may, and if I do, I’ll be naming names so watch out :P), but I think I’ll keep it at everything I’ve said already. For those of you that still have some time left… enjoy it while you can. The moment is fleeting, make the most of it. Don’t study too hard, and make it a point to go out and see your friends whenever possible. Try to make as many new friends as you can, and definitely try to become better friends with your old ones. It will make leaving that much harder, but you’ll come away with AMAZING memories. And most of all, don’t look forward to graduating too much, only in college can you party in a pretty much consequence free environment while being under the financial support of your parents.

Good luck to all, and I sincerely hope I’ll get to see every one of you again. I promise the vacation money jar will get filled soon, and I’ll definitely be up in Rochester ASAP. :)

2 Comments:

At 11:58 PM, Blogger caitlin said...

awww, aren't you sweet! i'm so glad you and allie are talking again. you're of course always welcome in chicago! (i haven't even taken your lil pink shirt to any gay bars yet!)

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Samir said...

Lol, free drinks for me the night I wear my pink shirt to a gay bar! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home