Monday, May 23, 2005

Raleigh

I decided to split this up into two posts, so “y’all” don’t get too bored. I’m currently sitting in my hotel room in Raleigh. So far, this place has been really nice. The people here are ridiculously nice. My mom and I have been thoroughly amazed. Everyone like takes extra time to explain everything to you and make sure you’re all set with everything.

The cab ride to the airport was rather interesting. I’ve been privileged enough to have had some interesting cabbies in my day (read crazy Canadian cabby). When we first entered the cab, the guy was saying something in some indiscernible accent. All I really god from the conversation was two phrases: “Mama Mia!” and “Fuggedaboudit (watch Donnie Brasko for a thorough explanation of this phrase)”, which led me to believe that he was of Italian descent. This guy was actually Austrian, born in Vienna. Apparently, he used to work for the border patrol as a Federal INS agent. He came to America because his job was getting too dangerous. Apparently, back in the day, all they worried about was people coming over the border illegally, but now there’s lotsa drug trafficking and such, making the job a lot more dangerous. All in all, the guy was really cool although his accent made it extremely hard to understand him. It’s funny how you can randomly meet these interesting people. Tomorrow I plan on hopefully finding a place to spend the next year or more of my life. I’m really excited to be looking at apartments… from what I’ve been told, they are rather nice down here. Anyways, it’s been a rather long day, and the bed seems to be calling my name. Talk to “y’all (I’ve heard this word a million times already, don’t be surprised if I start using it regularly)” later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home